Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message for Tony Newton

Hi Tony
    I have been on Forums around the World with my Surf problem and have had no joy. The last one from Australia suggested that you would probably be the best person to help. I am at a dead loss now and the garage don't seem to have any answers. Can you please look at my posts on this forum and see if you have any ideas.
    Thanks
    Peter Benson (Benson)

lol do you mean me? wrong surname...

not much more to add, you've tried most things, i've know pumps that people have replaced the timer valve in and it hasn't fixed the problem, but another pump was fitted and it works fine.

I'd get used a pump from a known running truck, don't get it reconned or messed with, just bolt it in and this will rule out pump issues.

How are the injectors?
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

TonyN

Sorry Tony - that was the name the guy in Oz gave me - but I am sure it was meant to be you. Thanks for the info. The garage has sent the pump away again so we will see what happens. Everything mechanical has been done it seems and the ECU has been checked and is OK but we still get code 12 on the display and the timing is permanently advanced fully. I think it has got to be the valve or something they have messed up with the electronics. Is there anyone in this country that can connect up the diagnostics to see what's wrong?
      Benson

Comment

Wasn't me.

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
        Contact TonyN on the UK forum. I'm sure he could sort it out for you. Your mechanic seems like he has no idea and it's impossible to know if they stuffed up somewhere.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/index.php

Nev
        Nev

Comment

Working...
        X