wobble at steering wheel whilst braking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wobble at steering wheel whilst braking

can anyone please help,i have a 3.0ltr m reg 95 surf,when i brake i have wobbeling,shaking at the steering wheel,i have ordered some new brake discs,im no mechanic so i need all the help i can get,all answers are gratefully appreciated,thanks

It does sound for sure that its the disc at fault.Someone will be along soon and give a link to a write up for you
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

thanks

thanks richard,as allways fast reply great service great site

Comment

Good to see another Elvis fan.
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I think you will need to do a 'search' on this subject as its been brought up many times before.

I had the same problem on my 3rd Gen and in the end my brother ended up replacing the discs, pads, both calipers, front shocks and the steering rack bushes.

Drives perfect ( for now)!

Comment

2nd gens have a bit of a habit of jamming pistons in calipers. Dunno if 3rd gen brakes are any different.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

steering

thanks for all the replies,ive now bought new pads,new discs,new callipers milner off road are making a fortune from me.thanks for the help gratefully recieved i will let you know the out come having them fitted tuesday.

Comment

I did disc/pad/shoes on mine, no cure, lower balljoints sorted it steady as a rock now. H

Comment

steering wobble

fitted new callipers,discs,pads seems to have worked.thanks for the replies folks gratefull to you all

Comment

Working...
                  X