Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen ADD fault HELP!

Hi all

I have had my 3rd gen into 4 garages now including Toyota main dealers however none of them have been able to fix the ADD system on my truck.

I will literally drive it anywhere in England, Scotland, Wales or Ireland to a garage that can fix it.

Please post any recommended garages that could fix the fault (most likely the actuator)

Thanks
    Sean
    If it can be broken it can be fixed

Never worked on one myself but the third generation ADD is a little different to the second generation. Looking at the diagrams, it shouldn't be that difficult to diagnose problems. It's just a process of elimination to find where the fault is. Could be mechanical, electrical or vacuum. The problem these days is finding someone that knows how to diagnose anything.

Nev

Comment

What does it do......what does it not do?

Comment

the light on the dash board flashes as if it is going into or out of 4wd but it does not engage the front drive shaft and the light continously flashes.

It used to work fine.

Comment

First thing I would check is the two VSV that operate the ADD. They are somewhere on drivers side I think and should be together. Two hoses will go the the ADD. One will have vacuum when ADD should be engaged and the other when not. If they operate as they should then the problem is the actuator. If not then the fault is before the VSVs.

Nev

Comment

Nev

Comment

Don't know what happened to that image but if you click on it it seems to be ok when resized.

Nev

Comment

yep both vsv's work and there is a vacume

Comment

Anyone on here fancy some tokens for fixing it?

Comment

Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post
                    Anyone on here fancy some tokens for fixing it?
                    if your in east london 9 till 5 weekday i,ll have a butchers 07759 272270 terry
                    JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

how long does the light flash for?
                      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
                        if your in east london 9 till 5 weekday i,ll have a butchers 07759 272270 terry
                        thanks, ill text you in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
                          how long does the light flash for?
                          it continously flashes only pauses for a few seconds when the 4wd switch is selected and de selected

Comment

Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post
                            it continously flashes only pauses for a few seconds when the 4wd switch is selected and de selected
                            when you select 4wd move the vehicle forward and backward a few yards about 6 times.

this is something i have to do when i get my hands on the surf, after Sally's been doing all her road driveing. it seems to go stiff from the lack of use. if i just select 4wd and drive off then mine wont engage, the light just flashes and if i select 4wd and dont move it just flashes as well.
                            hope yours is just sticky like mine. once i get mine to engage then its back to normal till Sally does her road miles
                            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
                              when you select 4wd move the vehicle forward and backward a few yards about 6 times.

this is something i have to do when i get my hands on the surf, after Sally's been doing all her road driveing. it seems to go stiff from the lack of use. if i just select 4wd and drive off then mine wont engage, the light just flashes and if i select 4wd and dont move it just flashes as well.
                              hope yours is just sticky like mine. once i get mine to engage then its back to normal till Sally does her road miles
                              That used to work for a while but not any more ;-(

Comment

Working...
                              X