Surf 2.4 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf 2.4 problem

I have a 2.4 diesel Surf and have been delighted with it for seven years. For the last year it has been out of action. It started to leak fuel so the pump was reconditioned. Then it started to smoke. No compression on number one cylinder- cracked head and loose valve seat. New head, cam etc. Still low compression - rebore. Now it started badly and ran lumpy for a few minutes but ran beautifully after that. When the electronics were disconnected from the pump it started immediately but wouldn't run properly - too advanced.
    New crank sensor fitted and switch put in to isolate electronics for starting. Seemed to work briefly.
    Now engine is permanently fully advanced with code 12 showing and can't be driven. The Garage has had the pump thoroughly tested and overhauled and has checked the timing and the wiring continuity. As far as they can tell there is nothing wrong but it will not come out of full advance.
    Does anyone have any ideas at all? I am getting desperate as I have now been without the car for a full year.

Sounds like the ECU is faulty.

Comment

If you need a 2.4 ecu i have got them here for the auto and manual surf.£75 delivered
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        If you need a 2.4 ecu i have got them here for the auto and manual surf.£75 delivered
        stormy me ol sea dog, were you been, hope things are ok
        JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
          stormy me ol sea dog, were you been, hope things are ok
          Hiya Terry how things with you.Been sorting things out a trying to sort out about working for myself doing a bit of recovery and getting into the surf breaking a bit more as now i'm out of work i need to start earning
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

The Garage says that a replacement ECU has been tried with no effect. They also say they have tried everyone they know for advice. I live near Billericay in Essex - do any of you know if there is someone close that knows something about Surfs that might have an idea what to do? I think my guys have come to the limit of their ideas. I know I am getting Peed off with the whole thing.
            I have been down to the Garage this morning and gave them the codes. They have two timing control valves (one from the old pump) that show vastly differing resistances and don't know which is correct. Does anyone know what the correct resistance should be please?
            Last edited by Benson; 22 June 2009, 12:00. Reason: More information

Comment

Working...
            X