replacing a whishbone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing a whishbone?

what work is involved in replacing the wishbone on a 2nd gen surf.

i have told a few people that i am selling my 2.4td, and listed all the good and bad points about the truck, now i would like to fix it and use it.

after the crash i had the track rod arm replaced as that was clearly bent, i had the car tracked but as you can see from the pic you can still see a negative camber on the nearside wheel, when a surf should have zero camber.

some people have advised i fix it, they can obviously see themselfes that its not much work involved - as i had been told before.. however other factors prevented me from doing that.

i think my plan is, get the new wing spayed at the shop, bolt on the new wing, headlight and indicator as is. get it MOTd and taxed (i hate road tax its theft!) and this way i can drive it to someone who can replace the lower or upper wishbone or whatever that part is called.
    after a family fall out, i cant use my uncle to do any mechanical work and if i use a garage local then my other car mysteriously gets damaged.

is TonyN doing surfs any more? or does a TonyN equivelant exist?
    Attached Files
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

There is camber adjustment on the lower wishbone, where it attaches to the crossmember. Its a sort of cam adjuster. It probably just moved a little. Take it to an alignment place (proper alignment place, not quick-fart - tracking adjustment wont sort it) and get them to sort it out.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      There is camber adjustment on the lower wishbone, where it attaches to the crossmember. Its a sort of cam adjuster. It probably just moved a little. Take it to an alignment place (proper alignment place, not quick-fart - tracking adjustment wont sort it) and get them to sort it out.
      ok then this will be the first thing, thanks for replying and for the advice
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

If you haven't done the Toyota steering recall yet, give em a call with your vin number and if it's on the list you get it all done for nowt.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
          If you haven't done the Toyota steering recall yet, give em a call with your vin number and if it's on the list you get it all done for nowt.
          been done already about a year and a bit ago
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
          X