Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pull to the left

Hi,

my 3rd gen surf is pulling slightly to the left when driving.On investigation I found some uneven tyre wear on one of the front tyres. I am told that the tracking/tow needs to be adjusted.
    Does anyone know any garage anywhere in the Sussex area that can do this?
    I'm told that the normal tyre centres can't do it because they don't have the necessary equipment.
    Any help is appreciated.

cheryl
    xx

Hi Cheryl,

Long time no see!

I found these guys on the web http://www.4x4solutions.co.uk/

Hope this helps and you are well.

Rich.
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by beach surfer
      Hi,

my 3rd gen surf is pulling slightly to the left when driving.On investigation I found some uneven tyre wear on one of the front tyres. I am told that the tracking/tow needs to be adjusted.
      Does anyone know any garage anywhere in the Sussex area that can do this?
      I'm told that the normal tyre centres can't do it because they don't have the necessary equipment.
      Any help is appreciated.

cheryl
      xx
      I've found that the larger tyre centres can do the tracking, but ring first and check you are happy they know what a surf is!! Luckily our local tyre place is excellent and had all the surf settings on the computers.
      Or you could always take it to Toyota...

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Hi Rich,
        I've been so busy that I haven't had much time for the forum!
        My computer playing havoc and crashing several times hasn't helped plus moving home=stress!!

Thank you for your help, I've now got a week off to sort all my niggly problems out.

Linda-thanks too, I guess I will have a phone around on Monday.BTW, I phoned the local Toyota garage and their machine is broken.Aghh

kind regards

cheryl
        xx

Comment

Cheryl

I asked the guys at Autowise about tracking,and they told me about a place in the old town or meads area,apparently they do the full 4 wheel job, but only one of the guys there knows how to work the machine properly.

I will try to find the name of the comapny for you.

Comment

Originally posted by beach surfer
            Hi Rich,
            I've been so busy that I haven't had much time for the forum!
            My computer playing havoc and crashing several times hasn't helped plus moving home=stress!!

Thank you for your help, I've now got a week off to sort all my niggly problems out.

Linda-thanks too, I guess I will have a phone around on Monday.BTW, I phoned the local Toyota garage and their machine is broken.Aghh

kind regards

cheryl
            xx
            If you have no luck the place I use is at Andover - Micheldever Tyres - you can find them on the internet.
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

We've got about 15 kwik fit's in Edinburgh, and one of them is supplied with a tracking device big enought for the surf. You could try asking them. It even had the 4runner tolerances on the computer. Tracking was £29, Camber adjustment £20 per side.

Regards

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by sammy
                We've got about 15 kwik fit's in Edinburgh, and one of them is supplied with a tracking device big enought for the surf. You could try asking them. It even had the 4runner tolerances on the computer. Tracking was £29, Camber adjustment £20 per side.

Regards

Sam
                Never paid for tracking/balancing. I'm so glad my brother has his own tyre and exhaust business. Only prob is he won't charge me cos I am family but if a "proper" customer comes in I am straight to the back of the que. It's taken me two hours to get a puncture repaired before now
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by sammy

Regards

Sam
                  or just pay cash in their pocket... get that done for a fiver!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                  X