Milners front axle hub nuts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milners front axle hub nuts...

Just a warning if you are buying the hub nuts from milners...

I've just bought 4 from them to replace the ones on my 2.4 as they had been chiseled and bashed to pieces...

Went to tighten them up, they are not 54mm but nearer 55mm. I guess this answers the questions on the hub nut size - meant to be 54mm but a lot of people may have aftermarket ones that are bigger..

Am returning them for a refund as no way I'm buying another socket for the hubs.

The milners tech dep't said I shouldn't be using a socket anyhow.

I'll stick to the method in the Toyota manual thankyou - they need to be tighter than you'd guess at by feel to get the preload correct.

Rob.

Milners reply to me:

"Hi Rob

We have sold hundreds of the lock nuts for the past 20 years and never had a problem. I asked our technical dept who said you shouldnt fit really fit them with a socket anyway as too much pressure would be put on them. You just tap them on. I will refund you for the ones you haven't used but cant refund postage as we have supplied them correctly.

Regards, Sandra "

What the manual states:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wishbone; 25 May 2009, 23:58.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
      I asked our technical dept who said you shouldnt fit really fit them with a socket anyway as too much pressure would be put on them. You just tap them on.
      Obviously never done a wheel bearing in their life. There is a right and wrong way to do bearings. Their way is wrong.

I believe some Hilux or Cruiser nuts are 55mm.

Nev

Comment

Working...
      X