Brake Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Pads

Will 4 Runner brake pads fit a 1995 3.0ltr 2nd gen?
    Milners set at £18.50 delivered. Roughtrax £16.00 + £5.00 delivery + VAT. Was going to try local factors so hence the 4 runner question (just in case).

Has anyone fitted the Milners pads and were they any good? £18.50 doesn't seem too bad price wise.

Cheers. Jim.
    Last edited by Scorpion; 19 May 2009, 07:44.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Yes Jim, they do. If you look on the Milners web site it tells you there!

You should also have noticed it's not £18.50 delivered it's £14.50 + vat + £7.25 postage!
    Last edited by Scorpion; 19 May 2009, 22:44.

Comment

Albannach will be along in a minute, all this talk of D.I.Y. brakes.

Comment

It depends which 4Runner as there may be differences betwen them, as there is on the Surfs with the type of caliper and disc. I suggest everyone read this -

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...ic.php?t=20489

I for one have had the wrong pads on my Surf for years. They do work, but the fact is they are the wrong ones and will be changed.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
          Will 4 Runner brake pads fit a 1995 3.0ltr 2nd gen?
          Milners set at £18.50 delivered. Roughtrax £16.00 + £5.00 delivery + VAT. Was going to try local factors so hence the 4 runner question (just in case).

Has anyone fitted the Milners pads and were they any good? £18.50 doesn't seem too bad price wise.

Cheers. Jim.
          Jim
          bought full set front and rear for a 3rd Gen from Milners. Comment I got from the garage boys I use regulary when they were fitted was - they look cheap!
          Front pads have given me no problems but rear shoes kept overheating and did not perform well at all. In hindsight I would go to Toyota and see how much they want - I had well over 4 years and 60k miles from the last set which were OEM with no trouble what so ever....but's thats just my experience
          Scuddy
          ------------------------------------
          Look out! Ee

Comment

Nev and Scuddy, thanks for the info guys. I think I'll go for the Roughtrax front brake pads, £27 inc VAT & delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
              Nev and Scuddy, thanks for the info guys. I think I'll go for the Roughtrax front brake pads, £27 inc VAT & delivery.
              Got mine from r-trax, no probs "so far".

Went for the upgraded pads though, you can't put a price on safety mate.
              "so my old pops used to say".
              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
              X