suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension

right i have got my greasy hands on a Tractor with a fork lift! woohoo, me feels some lifting of surf's ass to uprate suspension coming on!

If i wanna give my baby a tweak in the ass (so to speak) what do you reckon i should do? shall i just drop in new springs and lob on some bettr shox?
    Or : while i am at it shall i give her a lift?

I wanna do some soft core quarry ragging in the future so is the lift worthwhile?

Also i understand about doing the back mod (i think) but whats the score with the front? is it harder?

Nipper

You can get approx 2inchs of lift with a set of springs from LA Supatrux and some uprated shocks like the Procomp Explorer ES9000's.

It's a good idea to do the front shocks as well so that it is balanced. Some people have gone for ES3000's which are (apparently) not as harsh. I have got 9000's and they aren't that bad.

You can crank the front torsion bars to give you a bit of lift, you just need to be careful not to go too far as you can advance wear the cv joints due to the excessive angle.

Hope this helps.

Rich.

P.S. If you are going to do alot of offroad it might be an idea to get some uprated front torsion bars as well.
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Working...
    X