Wonky CV..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonky CV..??

Mentioned in another post, but i think it got drowned..

Whilst doing the upper BJ's i noticed the O/S/F driveshaft/CV joint seemed loose where it goes into the diff'. As if the bearing in the case has gone..?? Its not leaking tho, so the seal is obviously still ok.

anyone seen this before..??

Think I seen this an a similar thread and it was noted that the drivers side shaft does have a fair amount of play in it.

I've just swapped my front diff out as bearing had collapsed on original and the replacement had a reasonable amount of movement in it but no leaks.

Comment

how was it to do Andy..??

thats reassuring to hear tho

Comment

Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
        how was it to do Andy..??

thats reassuring to hear tho
        Getting the diff out wasn't too bad, disconnected the drive shafts from the inner flange and had removed the hub nuts as well. Then separated them when removing the diff.

Putting it back in whilst laying on your back is a bit more of a,(OK then a right) P.I.A as you need to be able to lift it in and line up all the drive shaft bolts as well as the diff mountings. Think an (aka Brummie) will confirm this

I was just fortunate that a very kindly person on here donated the diff so i didn't have to strip the original down to repair it. I've saved that job for the future when I have a bit of spare time

Comment

Working...
        X