2 inch lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 inch lift

just bought a 2.4 92 surf and was wounding how hard is it to do a 2 inch suspension lift. ill be putting 31" tires on a set of pajero wheels. also would a land rover discovery winch bumper fit?
    Last edited by armedpitbull; 11 May 2009, 18:52.

Hi, you don't need a lift to fit those wheels and tyres if they are the same offset as mine (not sure if there are many different offsets for these or if they are all the same), I have Pajero wheels and 31x10.5x15 tyres on mine.

A 2" lift isn't too bad if you still decide to do it but depending on what you want it might be just as well to crank the torsion bars at the front and fit +2" springs to the rear unless you want to offroad all of the time in which case most people would recommend the proper lift so you don't snap a torsion bar or wear the CV joints too much but to be honest I've never heard of either actually happening but I thought I'd offer the proper method and reasoning.

Are you a narrow or wide body surf? If you are a narrow body then you'll need to fit arches to pass the MOT as the tyres stick out too far (unless your MOT station doesn't really care?).

As for the winch bumper, I don't think the mounting points are the same but that's not to say you can't modify it!

I hope some of that helps,

Ray.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Hi Pitbull,

Did mine a while ago used +2",+20% rear springs from
      Roughtrax, (great service as always) just soak the T bar
      adjuster bolts for a week first with penetrating fluid. Whole
      job took about three hours. It's a good first mod to your
      truck and looks good too. Paj wheels are OK
      31x10.5x15s are OK too. Winch bumper? no idea.
      Hope this helps.

Gman.
      If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Working...
      X