Transfer 'clunk' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer 'clunk' ?

Hello troops, I replaced a knackered hardy spicer joint on the rear prop, it was making orrible noises ( must remember to grease em in future!). Job was fairly easy and the noise dissapeared but I have a new noise.
    I have manual hubs fitted and without engaging them ie: not locked for 4wd, when I press the 4wd selector button on the shifter I get a regular clunk from transmission.
    The front prop is well greased (now) and turns freely by hand when 4wd is disengaged and no squeaky or grinding noises and I can't detect any free play in the joints.
    could I have a transfer or gearbox issue?
    The clunk is gone as soon as I turn off 4wd with the switch.

I was offroading a while back and I got the clicking thumping broken CV joint noise and I replaced this but not used 4wd since so I dont know if the noise was there a while back.

Any help is of course greatly appreciated. cheers Alan.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

My rear prop was the cause of the clonking i had until it went completely.Have you checked the atf levels .
    Also i got that lsd here if you still want it
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi Alan I got a Lsd trouble is it's still in me Truck .....

There's always a Payback ....Don't know where, don't know when tho !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        My rear prop was the cause of the clonking i had until it went completely.Have you checked the atf levels .
        Also i got that lsd here if you still want it
        I think I might need a font diff first richard, if my fears are realised.
        I'm gonna get it on the axle stands this week and run it without rear prop to see if it is in fact the front diff making the clunk.

I'll be in touch for spares if I need them.
        Alan

Comment

I got a front diff here aswell but i'll check the codes in a little while for you
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Cheers mate.
            Alan

Comment

Working...
            X