aerial lubrication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aerial lubrication

just replaced the mast on my electric aerial... nice an' shiny and it goes up and down again question is.... it isn't lubricated at the moment and I'm sure it isn't gonna last long in it's current state.. any ideas or recommendations as to what would be best to use? I was working on the assumption that I cover it in grease, send it up and down a few times and wipe of the excess?

second question.... I want to remove the wind deflectors that came with my pride 'n joy but it appears as though a previous owner has "double sided taped" the lil buggers on in addition to the normal clips (I guess they were rattling)... is there an easy way to remove the remnants of the tape without doing any damage to the paint? I haven't taken them off yet since discovering the tape but the thought of scaping it off scares the s%^& outta me?... all ideas gratefully received

Cheers
    Steve

Originally posted by Stephen Parkinson
    just replaced the mast on my electric aerial... nice an' shiny and it goes up and down again question is.... it isn't lubricated at the moment and I'm sure it isn't gonna last long in it's current state.. any ideas or recommendations as to what would be best to use? I was working on the assumption that I cover it in grease, send it up and down a few times and wipe of the excess?

second question.... I want to remove the wind deflectors that came with my pride 'n joy but it appears as though a previous owner has "double sided taped" the lil buggers on in addition to the normal clips (I guess they were rattling)... is there an easy way to remove the remnants of the tape without doing any damage to the paint? I haven't taken them off yet since discovering the tape but the thought of scaping it off scares the s%^& outta me?... all ideas gratefully received

Cheers
    Steve
    I would use a light oil on a rag with the aeriel going up and down to lub mast
    There is a solvent type of tape/glue remover from a supplier such as Screwfix , Brown Bros etc it is designed not to damage paint but remove the sticky tape/ glue

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Thanks for the info... just goes to show that it pays to ask

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
      X