gear box & T box Breathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gear box & T box Breathers

I have an idea of where they are but does anyone have any pic and/or words of wisdom on best way to get at them. I know its going to be a pig as i dont have a body lift.
    I have had a hunt around but cant find the right info that im looking for.
    2nd Gen
    Show me where the trench is at or can i make one!

As far as I know the auto box doesn't have a breather (it breathes throuh the dipstick). The transfer box breather looks like the ones in the axles and is "on top" - even with a body lift it's a pig to get at. I couldn't get mine out so I finished up knocking the little cap off and attaching a pipe to the stub left in the box
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

I seem to remember a post on here showing that you could access both gearbox and transfer case breathers from inside of truck.

If I remember correctly you need to remove the centre console/gearbos gatiers to do this. Might be worth doing a search on breathers

Found it Breathers
      Last edited by Growler; 9 April 2009, 23:05.

Comment

thank you both, i wasn't 100% sure on that one when i was looking around as the pictures shows a manual box and wanted to check, the last thing i want to do is un-need dismantling of my surf.

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie.t View Post
          thank you both, i wasn't 100% sure on that one when i was looking around as the pictures shows a manual box and wanted to check, the last thing i want to do is un-need dismantling of my surf.
          This should help I hope Autobox
          Part No. 35104B/V

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
            This should help I hope Autobox
            Part No. 35104B/V
            Yes that helps thank you

Comment

Working...
            X