Bad vibration over 70mph and when braking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad vibration over 70mph and when braking

My new gen 3 has a bad vibration at and above 70mph, not in the steering though, and when braking gently at speeds 50mph+ a bad vibration ensues felt in the steering, through the brake pedal and all over the truck. New shocks up front (according to seller) and new springs at rear. I figure its not a wheel balancing issue cos I would feel it in the steering. The whole truck shudders badly when braking, as if the abs was kicking in, but this happens even when braking gently. Any thoughts? Warped disc? Bent driveshaft? None of this happens at lower speeds.

Richie

if you can feel the brake pedal pulsing, its the discs. dosn't normally do it unless you have the brakes on, unless its really bad.

otherwise maybe a duff tyre with a bulge in the tread.

could also be the steering rack mounts,
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Could be a number of things, its just a process of elimination.

You said new shocks, are they seated correctly & nuts & bolts all tight.

Its gunna cost you no matter what so start with the cheapest things first.

1, get all four wheels ballanced even if you think they are ok.

2, check all tyres for any bauld patches, lumps or deformities.

3, check discs & pad for scoreing & uneven wear, wheels should spin freely with no rubbing.

4, check all bushes & ball joints for play.

If you take it to your local garage, it won't cost you to get them to look at it & give you a quote, could turn out to be something simple.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
      X