3.0ltr diesel lumpy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0ltr diesel lumpy

My 1995 3.0ltr surf has suddenly developed a lumpy running when first started. i have been told that this could be due to the fuel filter. has anyone out there had this problem, and does anyone know if a new fuel filter could cure this.

more likely to be glow plugs. Does it settle down after a few seconds?

Comment

i would change the fuel filter first and fill it with atf or redex and then drive it like you stole it to give the system a good clean.Do the cheapest options first then work your way up.
      Have you checked the 80amp fuse and is the glow plug relay working alright.Check these then if its still bad then try glowplugs
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

The filters are the first easy option to do. When you change the fuel filter fill it with redex and give the injectors a good blast out. When was the last time you done a filter change? Glow plugs are more likley to cause a delay in starting.
        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Lumpy runnin

Thanks guys for the answers, having checked it has been about 24 months since it had a filter change ( i know what ya thinkin, should be a bit more frequent eh! ) my mrs. drives it most of the time and it only does generally about 5 miles a day so i havn't worried too much.
          The surfs been spot on not a bit of trouble in the 4 years ive owned it, this is its first problem i have had.

Comment

Lumpy runnin

Just one more thing i forgot to answer the question about it, after running a while. After about 30 secs it settles and seems to run fine, just a bit smokey at first, once again thanks.

Comment

If you try the fuel filter/redex thing, and check out your gloplugs you should see a marked difference in start up..it did to mine
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
              X