Bought Window Tints!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought Window Tints!

I really wanted to get this done so I went ahead and bought a 76cm x 6m roll of Mirror Silver!

They seem like a good company and they even provide full instructions!

London Tint Company

NOW,

You have to bear with me on this one!

I will post the links they gave me for your use BUT please, if you watch the instructional video you will pi55 yourself!

I'm not saying who the girl reminds me of, but you will understand what I mean!

***** ********'s love child or what! LOL

First to post wins a £10.00 Gift Voucher for Woolworths!

Instructions In HTML

Instructions in PDF

Instructions By VIDEO

Have fun!

Gary
    Last edited by hellmett; 3 March 2009, 22:18.

keith richards?

bad guess right? lol

Comment

Loyd Grossman?

Comment

Re

Got it!

Well Done!

Comment

hmmm looks v similar to where i got mine,if so its top stuff and i need more,but it was that long ago i cant remember,did it come in a big carboard tube,with a knife and yellow squeege?if so ill get sum more

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
            hmmm looks v similar to where i got mine,if so its top stuff and i need more,but it was that long ago i cant remember,did it come in a big carboard tube,with a knife and yellow squeege?if so ill get sum more
            YUP!

That's the stuff!

Flick knife and a yellow doofer!

I made a complete BOLLOX of it, have used 12 metres of the stuff and only got the 2 side windows in the boot done!

I dunno what the hell I was doing, I ain't useless when it comes to doing things like this!!!!!!!

Was a ###### fiasco!

For example, I got the back window done, perfect, looked great!

Went to put the window down, rrrrrrrrrrrip, it caught on the runners!!!!!

I was furious!

My bottom lip started wobbling and tears welled up in mine eyes!

I couldn't get the damned stuff to adhere at the edges at all!

If I had the cash I would pay someone to do it that is how pi55ed off I am!

Last edited by hellmett; 14 March 2009, 01:51.

Comment

Once you have squeegeed the soapy water out, go over the whole window with a hairdryer set to hot. Take care not to burn the film and it will shrink/form to the shape of the glass if there's a compound curve in it (most vehical windows have) plus it will adhere better.

Comment

A tip I was given several times was to seal the edges with clear nail varnish.

Also told to leave for 24 hours before winding the windows down.

I left mine for 24 hours but didn't do the nail varnish thing.

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett View Post
                  YUP!

That's the stuff!

Flick knife and a yellow doofer!

I made a complete BOLLOX of it, have used 12 metres of the stuff and only got the 2 side windows in the boot done!

I dunno what the hell I was doing, I ain't useless when it comes to doing things like this!!!!!!!

Was a ###### fiasco!

For example, I got the back window done, perfect, looked great!

Went to put the window down, rrrrrrrrrrrip, it caught on the runners!!!!!

I was furious!

My bottom lip started wobbling and tears welled up in mine eyes!

I couldn't get the damned stuff to adhere at the edges at all!

If I had the cash I would pay someone to do it that is how pi55ed off I am!

oh dear matey,its all bout pateince,if it lifted u must of had water under th film still or put window up and down straight away,as bush said it has to set,when u have them prof done they usually say dont touch window for 24 hours

Comment

Working...
                  X