tyres and wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyres and wheels

Ok i have established with help from the forum that i have weedy wheels! Dakar replicas apparantly?

The tyres are standard size but i have been told that 15 . 31.5. 10 are the way forward. can i put these on the Dakar replica's? or am i likely to have a horrible tyre off rim experience?

I like to think i can weald a spanner but there is something about tyres that completely mistifies me! (oh yeah that and spelling?!?)

Otherwise does anyone out there have some suitably chunky rims and treads for sale? and if so whats the damage?

Thanks alot
    Nipper and the Spaniels

What size tyres a you currently using & do they look alright on the rims you have especially near the rim
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

If the wheels are 15x7 you're good to go.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

the tyres on there are 225 70 15's (bridgestone winter duellers) not sure if that gives a clue as to the wheel size?

The wheels are the ones with the plastic allen key bolt thingys on?

They look OK'ish in the arches but my Disco and 90 Driving mates are ribbing me something chronic and i must admit i did like the look of the big ass mk3 Alloys on my old Dudhatsu Fartrack.

Its the redneck in me!

Nipper

Comment

The most common Dakar replicas are 15 x 6½JJ with zero offset. There's nothing wrong with them other than that they're hard to keep clean and most wheel refurbishers wont do them unless you remove the silly little plastic bolts.

Comment

I see mine are in good nick with decent Winter BFG Duellers on so if anyone has some chunky steelies (pref chrome) or something else interesting pls drop me a line.

And check out the picks on the parts for sale forum

Ooh Elvz do Paj wheels fit surfs?
            cheers mate!

Comment

Toyota wheels are 6 stud 140mm PCD which is the same fitting as Mitsubishi, Isuzu, and Chevy 4WD's. The thread pitch of the wheel studs is the same too but the wheel nuts are a different type so you'd need the Mitsu ones. You should be able to fit rims from a MK2/3 (1991-2000) Shogun to a Surf.
              Last edited by Elvz; 2 May 2004, 10:33.

Comment

Working...
              X