adjusting 3rd gen headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjusting 3rd gen headlights

hi, searched but can't find any info on forums. How do I adjust my headlights downs abit (3rd gen). just fitted Ring new bulbs and seem lot brighter.
    ANTZ

take it to an mot test centre get them to check it first, you dont want to adjusting when it dont need it then fail the next mot
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

it passed its mot last aug, but still lights shine too high, especially with weight in
      ANTZ

Comment

Originally posted by anthony whatford View Post
        it passed its mot last aug, but still lights shine too high, especially with weight in
        Same prob with mine . Passed MOT OK but I still feel they are a little high especially with weight in rear as you say . To adjust them is a pain as you need to gain access to the rear of headlights to do it which means batteys out . You would have to leave 1 battery in at a time so you can have the lights on and adjust the height .
        I have left mine for now .
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Right I need to correct myself about the last posting ^ , I am wrong with regards removing batterys as you can adjust the headlamps with a screwdriver via a slot at the top of the headlamp casing (back) . There is a multi spiked 'nut' which you need to turn via the slot at the back . I have not tried this yet but that appears to be the way . If not the expansion bottle and intake for air filter have to be removed to get a 8mm socket on the spiked 'nut' to turn it on the os lamp.The ns appears to be accessable.
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

You don't need to remove anything!

You just need a long flat-blade screwdriver - at least 200mm, probably 250mm from memory, with about (again from memory) an 8mm blade.

This fits into the adjusters from the top and turns a worm gear to tip the light up and down/side to side.

HTH
            Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Working...
            X