Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone painted their chrome bumpers?

Hi,

Has anyone tried painting the chrome bumpers, corners etc. on a 2nd Gen?

I had a thought that if they were rusty/manky they could be repaired and colour coded to the vehicle!

I reckon they would look quite tasty!

Gary

I hate chrome so paint them. A good coat of sealer on the inside will help prevent them rusting from the inside out as I believe they tend to do over there.

Nev

Comment

Yes

Mine were so gone I could get my hand through the holes. Took it to work were they sand blasted the whole lot for me (even more holes appeared). Then followed a crash course in fibre glass, filler. sanding, filler, sanding, filler, sanding and finally when I was happy with the finish, paint gun use.
      All in all it took seven months (fitting around other jobs), but I'm happy with the out come. It even withstood the recent plains outing, which includes having people jumping on it to try and get the back end down when Bio Hazard got me stuck.
      Last edited by Maverick; 18 January 2009, 12:15. Reason: fat fingers type fast, but inacurately
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Re

Mine are A1, I was just curious!

Personally I think that colour coded bumpers and clear lenses would make the 2nd Gen look more modern and COOLER than a 3rd Gen!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett View Post
          Mine are A1, I was just curious!

Personally I think that colour coded bumpers and clear lenses would make the 2nd Gen look more modern and COOLER than a 3rd Gen!

Gary
          Well in that case, what do you think of her back end?

Yep clear indicators make a huge difference to the front end, my brother in law has been dropping hints ever since I got some fitted to mine.
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Re

I must have a crack at photoshop!

The clear lenses look brill on the front, great on the side but shitty on the back!

I prefer the red/clear ones myself!

I had a set of all clear on the back but they looked pants, swapped 'em for normal ones.

Just my opinion!

Colour coded bumpers are a "modern" thing to have, I thought it might make the 2nd Gen look more up to date!

I LOVE it as is, but anything to get modding!

Gary

Comment

Working...
            X