Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tailgate trouble

Hi guys,

Got trouble with my 1993 Hilux Surf SSR-X. One of the two bearings of the tailgate regulator (bearings supporting the window in the slider) is broken causing the window to sag on one side. Toyota wants to charge 300AUD for a whole new regulator. Any ideas where I can buy just that one bearing?

Cheers, Ben.

you will probably have to buy the complete mechanism.I'm sure one of the other guys on here will send you a decent mechanism who's breaking a surf.I would send one myself but i have none left here at the moment
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I'm sure it was Vagrant no2 who said he'd previously got em separately before..
      I could be wrong !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Just don't expect a Warning !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Mate, being from Sydney, Australia, you would be much better off going to the Aussie site: http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/
        You'll get what you want pretty quickly.

Comment

Do pop back from time to time were always happy to help if we can !!!

There's always a Payback .... Just don't expect a Warning !!!!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

problem fixed - for now

At last... Here is what I came up with:

I Used a 17mmx6mmx6mm shielded ball bearing (fits almost perfectly into the slider. If the slider is warped, carefully bend back into shape). A smaller machine screw (M5 or M6 with cone shaped head, 20mm length) holds the bearing in place while minimally protruding on to the closed slider side. Use a piece of a 6mm plastic wall plug to make up for the difference in diameter inside the bearing and tighten screw with two nuts on the open slider side (prevents nuts from opening and gives enough clearance to the regulator arm). Fit the whole thing to the regulator arm (If necessary drill-out the rivet holding the previous plastic roller). That's it. Quick, and dirt cheap. Will probably last a day or two... I'll keep you up to date.

Comment

Working...
            X