Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prado T Belt light

Good evening

Just done a cambelt change on a 1996 (P) plate Toyota Prado 3.0 liter does anyone know how to reset/switch off the timing belt light on the dash i know the second gen Surfs you can use a long screwdriver through the plastic fron on a surf can anyone help

Chris

Im sure its the same as a 3rd gen which means you have to remove the clocks & switch the screws around but don't quote me on it.
    Look on the 3rd gen discription here.

http://www.hiluxsurf.eu/faq_interior.htm#timing_belt

P.S hope im right cos if not im up for an award if udtrev see's this.
    Last edited by si tate; 2 January 2009, 01:28.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
      Im sure its the same as a 3rd gen which means you have to remove the clocks & switch the screws around but don't quote me on it.
      Look on the 3rd gen discription here.

http://www.hiluxsurf.eu/faq_interior.htm#timing_belt

P.S hope im right cos if not im up for an award if udtrev see's this.
      I think you have given reasonable advise given your knowledge of surfs (I would have said the same), you are safe THIS time
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

PHEWWWW.

Anyway what do you mean "my knowlege" of surfs.

You saying i don't know what im talking about.
        Last edited by si tate; 2 January 2009, 16:53.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by christopoher murphy View Post
          Good evening

Just done a cambelt change on a 1996 (P) plate Toyota Prado 3.0 liter does anyone know how to reset/switch off the timing belt light on the dash i know the second gen Surfs you can use a long screwdriver through the plastic fron on a surf can anyone help

Chris
          was this easy to do, replacing the belt? i need to get mine done. thanks kev

Comment

Originally posted by kevinturner100 View Post
            was this easy to do, replacing the belt? i need to get mine done. thanks kev
            actually it seemed easier than my 2.4 surf there seemed to be more room just make sure you get all the components lingned up properly eg cam, pump and crankshaft, i also would check the front crankshaft oil seal while you are there and the water pump for leaks.

Best of luck.

Chris.

Comment

Working...
            X