Shock Absorbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shock Absorbers

Ok guys im going to change my shocks & do a 2" lift in a couple of weeks what shocks do you recommend & why ? Im getting PROCOMP shocks should i use ES3000 or ES9000 shocks
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Originally posted by marky
    Ok guys im going to change my shocks & do a 2" lift in a couple of weeks what shocks do you recommend & why ? Im getting PROCOMP shocks should i use ES3000 or ES9000 shocks
    Marky

If you are towing then the 9000's for the rear definitely, some people prefer the 3000's up front as they arn't too harsh, I am probably gonna go that route eventually!

I'm fitting my OME 2" coils soon but I'm leaving the Toyota electric adjustables on the rear for now untill I can afford the new shox!
    www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

Thanks for the reply NEIL
      (\__/)
      (")_(")

Comment

I'm running the ProComp 2" lift kit with ES9000's. The suspension is certainly firm but it's not harsh and suits me well as an every day drive. It's also allowed me to lose the rear anti roll bar with no effect on handling.
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

I have 3000's on the front and 9000's on the rear. The 9000's are a lttle harsh when i'm empty, but perfect if i have a load in back. The 3000's are perfect up front, not too harsh!
          Derek :
          1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
          [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Thanks guys
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

I'm doin the same marky man ! think as I'm not towing, I'll be opting for the 3000's front and rear.

Hope it wont be too squidgy !
              Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

are there any aftermarket shocks out there that retain the TEMS adjustability of the standard shocks?

mine is standard at the moment, i like the idea of having them adjustable from the cabin...
                [I][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]1993 SSR-X 2.4[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I]

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
                  are there any aftermarket shocks out there that retain the TEMS adjustability of the standard shocks?

mine is standard at the moment, i like the idea of having them adjustable from the cabin...
                  I know little about TEMS (Toyota Electronic Modulated Suspension) but thought it was a totally different system controlled by valving in the shocks through an ECU.The Surf is simply a two stage setup with a switch to control it.Read something recently on our Aussie site.

Neville

Comment

sorry just got tems term from the epc data for the surf... same net result though i guess, as i said it's a nice feature id be reluctant to loose if i change out the standard shocks...
                    [I][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]1993 SSR-X 2.4[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I]

Comment

I use my 3 gen on the road 90% of the time, no towing and I dont have adjustable suspension. I'm thinking about a 2" lift. Can anyone suggest which would be the best for mine?
                      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter

If you got the cash, you can buy Rancho adjustable shocks, and a little compressor to alter them from the dash (without the compressor, you turn a little knob on the shock body) these offer 5 stage adjustment.

In my opinion, the adjustable shocks are over rated, definatly not worth keeping if you shocks are knackered. Procomp 9000's are inbetween the hard and soft settings when the truck is empty, and work well with it loaded.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TAZMAN
                          I use my 3 gen on the road 90% of the time, no towing and I dont have adjustable suspension. I'm thinking about a 2" lift. Can anyone suggest which would be the best for mine?
                          Thanks.
                          I'm looking at doing the same in the future (read: when I have enough money).
                          My current plan is to have Bilstein shocks all round, Downey +2" rear springs, new Toyota springs in the front coupled with some 1.5" or 1.75" spacers. If you want info on lifting 3rd gens, you're best off looking at www.yotatech.com, as 3rd gens make up the vast majority of 4Runners on there. The plan is likely to change though....those parts are expensive and I think I'd have to import them all Might end up with Procomp shocks etc...

Comment

Cheers Rob, I'll have a looksee.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                              I'm looking at doing the same in the future (read: when I have enough money).
                              My current plan is to have Bilstein shocks all round, Downey +2" rear springs, new Toyota springs in the front coupled with some 1.5" or 1.75" spacers. If you want info on lifting 3rd gens, you're best off looking at www.yotatech.com, as 3rd gens make up the vast majority of 4Runners on there. The plan is likely to change though....those parts are expensive and I think I'd have to import them all Might end up with Procomp shocks etc...
                              Can you tell me where to get the Bilstein shocks, all I can find are the Milners 'Tokiko' shocks i fitted (rubbish) and the procomp ones

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X