X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing Belt

Hi
    If you are replacing the timing belt do you need a new timing belt cover gasket.
    Ta

I dont think it has a gasket, its just a cover. I could of course be wrong, it happened once before

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
      I dont think it has a gasket, its just a cover. I could of course be wrong, it happened once before

Bogus
      Your right it is just a cover, a few clips & 4 bolts.
      Last edited by si tate; 2 December 2008, 14:00.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Thanks for the info I was looking at the workshop manual for the 1KZ-TE and it shows a gasket.
        you’ll notice that I have a third gen so I wont be doing the work myself but I am supplying the parts, although it don’t look that difficult, but its bl00dy freezing up here. It was minus eight last weekend so I went diving instead sea was plus six, positively tropical. Soooooo back to this gasket do you reckon it is just a rubber seal of some sort.

Ps link to manual
        http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/manuals/1KZ-TE/
        Attached Files

Comment

Its just a bit of dust/water protection rather than a sealing gasket, I would say its reusable

Bogus
          Сви можемо

Comment

I reused mine. It's more of a seal to keep loads of dust/ water out rather than oil in.
            Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

That’s what it will be something to keep the dust, and crap out, but not a gasket in the true sense of the word. I had my suspicions because Rough Trax don’t list it as part of the timing belt kit, anyhoo thanks for the help Bogus & si tate, I think we’ll put this one to bed

Div3r

Comment

Working...
              X