Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust question

Hi,

The last part of my exhaust , a piece of pipe and the back box just fell off my kzn130 3L 2nd gen surf.

The exhaust just finishes now after snaking over the back axle and you can see it the ugly end through the rear wheel arch, strangely I cannot hear much difference.

MOT is due, so its time to replace it anyhow ("you'll need to replace it before the next MOT" said TonyN at my last big service - he must have put a timer on it ).

I looked in my old Milners cat, and they say 140 quid for a replacement - funny, cant find the back box on their website ...

Anyhow to my questions, I am on a tight budget now for a few months, so:

Is it feasible to get the entire back part of an exhaust from a breaker?
    Is that part of the exhaust the same for a 2.4L 2nd gen Surf?

Thanks all.

[edit]
    Actually, I just tried ebay and they are much cheaper... so might not be worth it at all ... what do you think?
    [/edit]
    Last edited by Frogsurf; 14 November 2008, 17:36.

I got a complete kzn130 exhaust for sale.£130 delivered and thats from the turbo to the tailpipe and all in very good condition
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I will crawl under and see if there are any other gas escapes, rust holes and noiises, or I will get it into a local exhaust place this week if pos and see what kind of weird inflated reading they give me on how much needs replacing.

Lots of tsk's, and shakes of heads no doubt.

Cheers

Comment

As my other post states. i'm having a side exit stainles lifetime guarantee system from the downpipe back done for £180 if that muddies the waters at all. However this system may be noticeably louder than standard!

Martin
        Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Who's doin that for you ,,, My back box is ok but it has been welded (TO DEATH) and looks terrible, i was gonna replace that aswell as the main silencer box too ,,, but that sounds brillaint, what garage is doin it and did u say they are doin the lot from the downpipes back ???

I cud go for sum of that

Comment

think its called 1 stop or something like that. Anywho they're the local powerflow dealer in Crewe.

Think they like it cos its so stupidly simple to do, and yes it is from the downpipe back (leaving the existing downpipe in, but replacing the flexi section and everything else back from it)

cheers,

Martin
            Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

afternoon all

if you ring milners, they are having an exhaust sale. I bought a complete system form them in the summer for less than £160 delivered. If I remember right, the back box is about £32.00.

If the silencer is OK you could just get som straight pipe, bend it to suit & weld it onto the ragged bit that's left

hpe this helps

hawaii
              I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

3.0 exhaust is bigger bore than a 2.4 from the down pipe back.
                Also try looking at local exhaust places for a price on a 4runner UK spec exhaust.
                When my 2.4 exhaust went i sourced one for a UK 3.0 4runner it fitted fine and was cheaper from a local place than milners etc.
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Comment

Working...
                  X