X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running gear jammed up!!!!!!!!!

Hi there everyone.
    I have a 1988 2.4ltr turbo.
    Jumped in the truck today to go driving.
    Started it. Put it into 1st gear. Went to drive off, but it seems my running gear is jammed up!! It wont move!! I have never had a problem with this before. The truck is on a flat, dry grass lawn. Tried it in hi/low 4x4 and 4x2. I dont want to trash the shit out of it , as this might shear/snap something. It has manual hubs also.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Ra.

Does it feel like the engine is trying to move it or like it is in neutral ?
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Hi UDtrev,

The engine is trying to move the truck. Some of the tyres are spinning. It's the same sensation when your in your car and try to drive off with the handbrake on.

Cheers.

Comment

id take the manual hubs off and then try,or is the handbrake jammed on?ever changed rear shoes?if they get to low can drop out and lodge in the drum

Comment

Hi breakdowntruck 2 ,

this is in reply to your last bit............ever changed rear shoes?if they get to low can drop out and lodge in the drum

Jacked up the whole truck this afternoon.
          All wheels spun except the left rear.
          After 2 hours of shear fustration , i managed to pry the drum off and wha-laa.
          The shoes were out of alignment and the retaining springs fell out onto the ground. Cleaned up everything , bleed the system and adjusted the handbrake. PREMO!!!!!!!

Thanks for the feedback.
          Ra.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawiri View Post
            Hi breakdowntruck 2 ,

this is in reply to your last bit............ever changed rear shoes?if they get to low can drop out and lodge in the drum

Jacked up the whole truck this afternoon.
            All wheels spun except the left rear.
            After 2 hours of shear fustration , i managed to pry the drum off and wha-laa.
            The shoes were out of alignment and the retaining springs fell out onto the ground. Cleaned up everything , bleed the system and adjusted the handbrake. PREMO!!!!!!!

Thanks for the feedback.
            Ra.
            no worries,just having done breakdown recovery for years ive seen it quite a bit,although usually on small french cars ,its one of those things,id put some new shoes in for peace of mind

Comment

Working...
            X