which year COILS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which year COILS.

Hello, im new to all this and have just purchased a 96 3.0ltr 4runner, iv been searching around on this site for the simple methods of
    lifting the rear end, lots of times i hear that you can use land cruiser coils &
    that will lift it about 3.5 inchs.

iv heard you should use HDJ 80 COILS to replace your old ones and i will need
    longer shocks +3`s, and longer hoses, panard rod & bracket.

but my question is : which year or model of land cruiser,

: do i need some sort of spring perch plate to seat the springs in.

: can i use the original shocks, remove the existing shock mounts and weld some new ones on higher up.

:could i use Jeep xj coils or any other make of coils to get better flex.

the reason i ask, is because lots of people have said: l/c coils, they are a different diameter of sping and i would have to alter the upper and lower spring perchies to accomodate the larger springs.

many thanks GLOVES.
    P.S. SORRY ITS A 4RUNNER AND NOT A SURF

can nobody help !!!!!!! or is because its a four runner ???????

Comment

this may help you

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=170

Comment

Originally posted by g1oves View Post
        can nobody help !!!!!!! or is because its a four runner ???????
        2nd or 3rd gen?

Comment

thank you very much, i was begining to wonder if i was doing something wrong on here !!!1

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            2nd or 3rd gen?
            I wondered that but the 4runner was only 2nd gen in the UK.

I dont believe there are any 3rd gen 4Runners. (Uk origins before the anally retentive spout up)

Comment

It must be a 3rd gen if he's answering Sledge.

T'is all a bit cryptic.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                It must be a 3rd gen if he's answering Sledge.

T'is all a bit cryptic.
                Hmmn... Good point.

Gawd knows then!

Comment

its a 96 4runner 2nd gen that i bought cheap and had other plans for, but now they have changed becuse of severe rust on the inner wheel wells so iv altered it slightly and my plan is to lift it about 5 " and no higher ( 2" body lift & 3" suspension lift and run it on 37`s) front end will be a 70`series and the back end will be L/C`S & bobbed. Iv never done a four runner or surf before so i am new to them but iv been into hilux`s for over 18 years. i read on here some were that 80 series springs were a touch bigger and slip off the purch and just wanted to make sure.
                  Last edited by g1oves; 19 October 2008, 00:49.

Comment

here it goes
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by g1oves; 18 October 2008, 23:53.

Comment

I think it may be a bit tight running 37's with only a 5" lift.
                      I'm going to be fitting 38.5's soon and will be having to do a 6" suspension lift and 3" bodylift in order to fit them.
                      I may be wrong but you ought to find out for sure what lift you will actually need to fit the 37's before hand
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                        I think it may be a bit tight running 37's with only a 5" lift.
                        I'm going to be fitting 38.5's soon and will be having to do a 6" suspension lift and 3" bodylift in order to fit them.
                        I may be wrong but you ought to find out for sure what lift you will actually need to fit the 37's before hand
                        Looking at the pics he's posted mate Im guessing he's going for a tray back of sorts! with i assume opened front arches.

If he aint, your completly right!

Might have a few issues with a 37" tyre rubbing against the chassis getting close to full lock!

Comment

You are right, its now going to be a tray, not quite what i had in mind, but thats the way its gone, 37`s should fit ok ! i run a hilux on 36x15.50`s with 7" lift and it clears ok, the front axle will be 1.5" - 2.0" further forword iv cut the fire wall out and trimed the arches ( why buy new arches, just cut the rust out ) there will be 45mm engine and gear box lift to give better clearance underneath, the lsd is going in the front and arb in the rear, and then it should be ok, i will have took a wasted M.O.T. FAILED 4runner and turned it back into something else.
                          Attached Files

Comment

i was right!!

Love the pickup mate. Very smart. Looking forward to seeing the 4runner finished!

Comment

Thank you very much !!!! it used to 2.2ltr but now thats got a 3.0 ltr td.
                              the 4runner, il put some pic`s up when i finish it,thats no problem.
                              now about these springs, iv asked on other sites and theres lots of confusion about these springs tell me everything you know, im also thinking of using 80 series trailing arms just to help the flex good idea or not ?

Comment

Working...
                              X