Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre wear and pulling!

Evening chaps!

i seem to have lots of tyre wear on the inside of the drivers side wheel, and the truck pulls to the left,
    i have had the tracking checked and im told its fine, today i have changed the idler arm bushes, which seems to have made a very small differnce to the pull, so, im out of ideas,

anything else i should check/change?

Sticking brake caliper. It's always the nearside caliper that sticks for some reason.

Comment

p.s

while lookin around have noticed that people hjere have said the idler arm is on the drivers side? any reason why mine is on the passenger side?

Comment

Originally posted by ZEWLANDER View Post
        p.s

while lookin around have noticed that people hjere have said the idler arm is on the drivers side? any reason why mine is on the passenger side?
        Pitman arm on driver's side, idler arm on passenger side.

Comment

thanks for the reply

will check the caliper for the pulling but not sure that would account for the inside tyre wear

Comment

thanks for the reply

will check the caliper for the pulling but not sure that would account for the inside tyre wear
            Weak shocks or the torsion bars need adjusting.

Comment

how would i check the torsion bar correct settings? ill have a check of the shocks though, thanks chap!

Comment

Who checked your tracking and how did they do it? Not many places have the kit to do 4x4's correctly.
                Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

its was checked at quickfit, but the kid who did it has always seemed pretty good, was 4 wheel lazer tracking i think

Comment

its was checked at quickfit, but the kid who did it has always seemed pretty good, was 4 wheel lazer tracking i think
                    ahhh kwikshit,plz go to a garage

Comment

did he use the same settings as for the 4runner to do the tracking if not then he's probably bollox3d it up
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

thinking about it,,,, i dont remember him even looking at any settings? will take it to a proper garage, i take it the settings on around ghere somewhere?
                        thanks fellas!

Comment

Try putting Tracking into the search function. I know somewhere on here is a thread with a copy of the steering settings for a 2nd gen Surf. Otherwise tell the garage to use the setting for a 92-95 4Runner (same vehicle)
                          Mike G

Comment

Working...
                          X