Coolant Leaking help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant Leaking help please

I've got a 3rd gen 3L manual non intercooled.
    Last night I developed a coolant leak. I'm an electrical engineer/hairdresser and I'm still working my way around identifying the engine components. The leak appears to be coming from the junction of the exhaust and another engine part, turbo?

Its hidden by the protective cover over the exhaust and I've tried to get a clear as picture as possible. Can any one tell me where this leak is from and how to fix it. Is this a doable myself job with instructions.
    Attached Files

The turbo is water cooled so it may be leaking at either the inlet or outlet hose, the metal pipes they connect to or where the flange bolts to the turbo. If you can get a better pic of where the leak is and the part that is leaking then that would help.

Nev

Comment

here are some other pictures with the heat shield removed. It seems to be coming from the junction of the exhaust and the turbo.
      Image 1 and 2 are taken from below image 3 from underneath the offside wheel arch.
      is this a common fault, how do i fix it, are there any instructions to remove a 3rd gen 3L turbo
      Attached Files
      Last edited by langtounboy; 3 October 2008, 20:37.

Comment

Found the leak

Its not the turbo but from a pipe that runs under the exhaust manifold. I think it supplies the hot water to the cabin heater matrix, because the heater is set to cold then no leaks.

I'm hoping this is correct. I've got a few days off soon so it will be remove the exhaust manifold and get another pipe made up. The old one has corroded through so a mate at work will manufacture a stainless pipe.

Comment

Working...
        X