extended brake hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extended brake hoses

Hi guys, I just got a set of extended brake lines from Roughtrax, but I am at a loss as how to use them. There are three lines, two short, one longer. however, neither are as long as my existing hose from the load sensor to the brake lines.

Dumb Question - - do i connect two together to make a longer one, or am I just, er, dumb?

Also, it says summit about crush washers that 'come with the kit' but there was nowt int he plastic container except the 3 hoses.... Are the crush washers on the lines already? Am I missing them? am I just missing a brain??

anyhows, any advice accepted, useful advice accepted in preference to any other....

cheers mateys
    If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Bump as I've just had the very same things delivered

Comment

which hosses did you order.the extended braided brake lines from roughtrax should be code number lk003 i think it is if not i'll find the correct item number for you.these hoses should be a good few inches longer than standard hoses
      http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/index.php?doc=16&vid=180
      Last edited by stormforce; 21 September 2008, 16:05.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        which hosses did you order.the extended braided brake lines from roughtrax should be code number lk003 i think it is if not i'll find the correct item number for you.these hoses should be a good few inches longer than standard hoses
        How did you find them on the website?
        The only ones I can navigate to are the £37.99 ones. I did email Barry about them and he did say that they were longer than the standard ones. Now you have posted that link I shall be ordering those ones.

Back to the first question, the 2 shorter ones are for the front brakes, but it sounds like you have bought repalcement standard length ones.
        Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny77 View Post
          How did you find them on the website?
          The only ones I can navigate to are the £37.99 ones. I did email Barry about them and he did say that they were longer than the standard ones. Now you have posted that link I shall be ordering those ones.

Back to the first question, the 2 shorter ones are for the front brakes, but it sounds like you have bought repalcement standard length ones.
          I actually spoke to Barry when i bought mine a couple of years ago and i kept hold of the itme number as they don't come up on the r/trax site unless you use the item code

Comment

I actually spoke to Barry when i bought mine a couple of years ago and i kept hold of the itme number as they don't come up on the r/trax site unless you use the item code
            That's pretty rubbish then? STF they can get them in their main catalogue after 2 years?
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

The roughtrax braided lines are a longer.
              The longest one is the middle rear line it's about 2" longer than a standard surf line. 2" extra is more than you will ever need.
              Kerrsurf might be along with pics we did his last weekend with the roughtrax lines.
              Brian

Comment

which hoses did you order.the extended braided brake lines from roughtrax should be code number lk003 i think it is if not i'll find the correct item number for you.these hoses should be a good few inches longer than standard hoses
                DOH
                I ordered the correct ones over the 'phone, but Ive been charged for and sent the standard ones - thanks for the stock code info to check that. Ive emailed Barry so I expect I will get the right ones pronto, knowing Roughtrax excellent service.

But Barry, if you read this, how about making the Extended hoses available on the website - they are NOT there under the LN130 section unless you search for the stock code.

cheers
                If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Just given the roughtrax lines to a mechanic to fit them for me and hes called to say that the front ones are too long by a good few inches. says that he would have to cable tie the excess up which obviously hes not happy to do.
                  Anyone else had this issue or is he going mad?
                  don't remember them even being that long.

Comment

I was going to change mine to the longer ones a couple of weeks ago,(couldn't get the nuts undone so didn't) and the same thought occurred.
                    As i dont have a lift yet the front ones look like they could possibly snag the wheel. Anyone got advice!!!
                    Alan
                    PS Thought yours would be fine with that amount of lift tho' Paul!
                    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
                      Just given the roughtrax lines to a mechanic to fit them for me and hes called to say that the front ones are too long by a good few inches. says that he would have to cable tie the excess up which obviously hes not happy to do.
                      Anyone else had this issue or is he going mad?
                      don't remember them even being that long.
                      i've cable tied my front ones back just enough to prevent them from snagging and not tight and mine have been ok for a year now and MOT's have been fine

Comment

Got my mechanic to measure the original and the Roughtrax hoses.
                        Originals front and back are 14"
                        RT ones are 20" (front) and 22" (back) he reckons whats needed is closer to 16" (front) and 20" (back)

called up Barry at Roughtrax who says he does 2 types of brake hoses. One for surfs ACC184 which are 1" longer than standard (sold for 2" sus lifts) and the LK003 braided hoses (the ones I have) which are a lot longer than the standard (they are meant for the pick ups not surfs)
                        He said he (may) look into getting some made that are 2" longer than standard if he thinks theres enough demand

Mechanic reckons the front ones are far far too long and will foul everything and tricky to cable tie and the rear is just about doable.

Are these ones the ones that everyone has fitted when going down the LC springs/ BJ spacer? wound torsion bar 33 tyres route?
                        Last edited by biosurf; 4 December 2008, 13:41.

Comment

the lk003 ones are what i got and all the mechanic needs to do is to cable tie the ###### pipe to the wishbone.I'll get a pic of mine for you to show that there's nothing hard about it.I've had mine like this for a year now and i have never had the pipes catch or rub.
                          Is this mechanic a good friend of yours Bio or is it just a local garage you took the truck to

Comment

Ive got the really long ones an ive not had any problems.

There not cabled tied out the way either.

Comment

i only cable tied mine cause of the off roading i do and due to the articulation i get with it i was just taking precautions but lke i said i never had any probs

Comment

Working...
                              X