No announcement yet.

Dip Stick on Auto Transmition Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dip Stick on Auto Transmition Question?

Three notch'es are on the dip-stick on the 2.4 turbo diesel...the one at the bottom is marked Cool then further up one is marked Hot then further up the last notch is marked Dexron 2.

Now here's the question...to what mark do i fill it?

if the engines cold fill to cool level
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Thanks Marky

Hardcore Surfer you are nice to have a quick reply...your the man thts for sure.

Comment

no problem mate. i was in the same boat once mate. lots of friendly people on here mate
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Make sure the engine is running when you check the level. Ideally you should shift from park to neutral a couple of times, then back to park & check level. If engine / box has been running for a while check to the hot level.
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
            Make sure the engine is running when you check the level. Ideally you should shift from park to neutral a couple of times, then back to park & check level. If engine / box has been running for a while check to the hot level.
            it is always better to check when hot you get a more accurate reading as the torque converter will be full of oil, do go through the gears first though as above before you check the level
            [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
            [size=5][/size]
            [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Working...
            X