One touch 2-4 4x4 light not coming on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One touch 2-4 4x4 light not coming on

Clicked the one touch 2-4 switch yesterday and noticed that the dash display didn't come on. I tried it when I first got the Surf a few weeks ago and it came on fine. Not entirely sure whether 4x4 is engaging or not. I slowed down and tried reverse as suggested in the manual, but still no joy.

Anyone else had the problem?
    1996 VZN185 3.4 V6 SSR-G

Hmmmm Join the club

Tried Mine The First Week I Got The Vehicle And The 4x4 Was Working Fine !!!! Then Tried It After 3 Months And It Doesnt Work !
    I Have Replaced All The Vacuum Hoses,the Front Diff Solenoid,the Main Add Control Valves,the 4wd Switch And Still No Go !
    If I Can Figure It Out I Will Let You Know.next For Me Is To Unplug The 4wd Ecu And Have A Play With That ! But For You The First Thing To Check Is Hopefully The Vacuum Hoses From The Add Unit Down To The Diff
    Cheers Jonny
    MINES A LARGE ONE !!!

Comment

if yours is a 3rd gen try using the 4wd stick to put in 4wd dont drive it though , then then take it out of 4wd ,then try the button
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Off the track a bit I know,but the same principle...
        Swimbo's old 1989 Mitsy manual say's [ Put it in n take it out at least once a week ] 4WD that is !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by JONNY TOYOTA View Post
          Tried Mine The First Week I Got The Vehicle And The 4x4 Was Working Fine !!!! Then Tried It After 3 Months And It Doesnt Work !
          I Have Replaced All The Vacuum Hoses,the Front Diff Solenoid,the Main Add Control Valves,the 4wd Switch And Still No Go !
          If I Can Figure It Out I Will Let You Know.next For Me Is To Unplug The 4wd Ecu And Have A Play With That ! But For You The First Thing To Check Is Hopefully The Vacuum Hoses From The Add Unit Down To The Diff
          Cheers Jonny
          So what does the add unit look like so I can check it? :p

I've tried engaging H4L mode. The dash displays fine. 2-4 still won't after this.
          1996 VZN185 3.4 V6 SSR-G

Comment

Worked it out. I'd forgotten to reconnect the connector at the base of the 4x4 shifter when I'd taken the console apart to do the stereo...
            1996 VZN185 3.4 V6 SSR-G

Comment

Working...
            X