Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumper Fit?

Just got 2 questions....

1. Got a replacement chrome bumper for the Truck (rear end)... Anyone have a guestimate on how long to fit it?.

2. Can i do it myself or do i need a hand?

Thanks again folks...
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

an hour tops to take the old one off and fit the new one, give the truck a good clean under the back beforehand, and give all the bolts a good soaking in WD40.

You'll want someone or something to hold it in position whilst you get the first few bolts in, or at least to take the weight so you can position it, it ain't that heavy, but feels like it weighs a ton if you're trying to hold it up and position and take the weight with one hand and operate a socket set with the other.

I quite often use a couple of ratchet straps to take the weight of stuff and position it etc if i'm working on my own. This kinda thing http://www.screwfix.com/prods/13224/...t%20Strap%203m i got a set of 4 cheap ones in B&Q for a tenner recently, they're not the best quality, but they're fine for stuff like this.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Thanks for that! got to book some time out at the weekend then, with a trip to b&q tomorrow....cant get a hand as better half is pregnant & everyone else is away.... oh well bbq on sat so some beers will take the pain away
      The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Working...
      X