Soft Bolt Heads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Bolt Heads?

Has anyone noticed how soft the bolt heads seem to be on these cars. I had Volvos before I got my Surf and I know that they build their cars using left over lorry bits, but I never had bolts round off like this before.
    It's only a hobby!

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    Has anyone noticed how soft the bolt heads seem to be on these cars. I had Volvos before I got my Surf and I know that they build their cars using left over lorry bits, but I never had bolts round off like this before.
    its because the steel is not as good quality as it was years ago, thats why you are better using good quality tools which are a good fit
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
      its because the steel is not as good quality as it was years ago, thats why you are better using good quality tools which are a good fit
      thats progress for ya why use good quality grade 8 bolts when you can use ones from a washing machine instead
      jim.b.

1990 SSR LTD 2LTE auto
      1985 SR V8 4.4 litre manual

Comment

Its the Japanese climate, the UK is different, so you have to remove all the bolts and replace them with 'UK spec' bolts. Toyota main dealer have them, along with harder washers and nuts.

Most dealer will claim to have already done this for you, but I doubt they'll get all the old bolts out, so check around and look for any that are Jap ones.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          i found the opposite!... while trying to remove the drivers side hand grab (cos i keep hitting it with my fag) the screws were so tight it snapped my screwdriver... nothing rounded!!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

ok

ok
            S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

The correct tool for head bolts is a 12 point socket. Did you use one?

Nev

Comment

Working...
              X