Bottle jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottle jack

Anyone care to let me know if I have the right jack equipment? I've attached a pic of the jack and other kit that came with the car. There's the bottle jack itself, a long bar that hooks into the jack, and a wheel nut remover. My problem is that I have no hand handle to wind the jack up. I originally thought the wheel nut brace might link onto it, but its out by 2mm each side.

If I can find out what I''m missing I can give someone like Streetluge Chris a pm for the part.

Cheers.
    Attached Files
    Everything's easy, when you know how!

Have you got 2 tool rolls hidden in the side pockets in the boot
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by phorbiuz
      Anyone care to let me know if I have the right jack equipment? I've attached a pic of the jack and other kit that came with the car. There's the bottle jack itself, a long bar that hooks into the jack, and a wheel nut remover. My problem is that I have no hand handle to wind the jack up. I originally thought the wheel nut brace might link onto it, but its out by 2mm each side.

If I can find out what I''m missing I can give someone like Streetluge Chris a pm for the part.

Cheers.
      Thats the one, handle should be in the tool roll, like I found when I had my first puncture in myu Surf, unlucky for me I din't have a tool roll in mine, luckily I did have a pair of mole grips.

Personally I'd give up on the standard bottle jack it ain't worth a light unless it is on perfectly flat and solid ground, get a decent aftermarket one or even better get a strong and extra strength scissor jack and a decent trolley jack to keep at home.

Cheers

Comment

Nope, no tool roll inside. I've got access to a very heavy duty trolley jack when I'm at home, but how often do you get a puncture on your driveway!

I'll keep an eye on e-bay, and pm one of the breakers here, but if anyone has a spare.....
        Everything's easy, when you know how!

Comment

heres a pic of the tools that come with the surf
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Working...
          X