cure the smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cure the smoke

my surf doesnt smoke unless the throttle is floored, then it blows black smoke not a great amount just for a few seconds, bought some wynns diesel additive today and can highly recommend it, took the filter off still full, i opened the tap at the bottom and let so much diesel drain into a bottle, see the $hit in the bottom on photo, emptied rest of diesel out and filled the filter with the wynns, topped up filter with clean diesel, then refitted filter, this is what it says on the can, this stuff doesnt go in the tank, took it for a drive like it says, 2 mile moderate driving, i went down the by pass about 60 to 70, got back missus drove it up street floored the pedal no smoke at all, me very suprised but it actually did what it says on the tin, first time ive used this because i usually use forte, not that many places stock it though, and its the first time the surf has had any additive in it, try it for yourself, ive put a picture of the tin
    Attached Files
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

I was told about that Wynns stuff, meant to be the best around. Used it to pass the test. For Irish readers you can get in CPL motor factors, Main St, Maynooth.

On a related topic I found and fixed a hole in my fuelfilter to pump pipe caused by the jubilee clip at the pump end. Started sweetly a few times and took her home 6 miles. 1 hr later started on the button again, then outside the gate she died and barely turned over enough for me to get her back inside. This morning I couldnt start her at all. The thing is when I prime the hand pump on the filter (with all pipes set up and full of diesel) I can hear air around the injectors area. Now I reckon I have a brand new leak separate to the first, and I'm thinking its something to do with the injector cleaning agent I used a few days ago. Maybe its found me a weak spot just like a rad flushing agent does. Anybody wanna suggest a notorious leak spot. The 4 injector nuts are tight, and having been bleeding them theres too much diesel around to spot where the problem is coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
      I was told about that Wynns stuff, meant to be the best around. Used it to pass the test. For Irish readers you can get in CPL motor factors, Main St, Maynooth.

On a related topic I found and fixed a hole in my fuelfilter to pump pipe caused by the jubilee clip at the pump end. Started sweetly a few times and took her home 6 miles. 1 hr later started on the button again, then outside the gate she died and barely turned over enough for me to get her back inside. This morning I couldnt start her at all. The thing is when I prime the hand pump on the filter (with all pipes set up and full of diesel) I can hear air around the injectors area. Now I reckon I have a brand new leak separate to the first, and I'm thinking its something to do with the injector cleaning agent I used a few days ago. Maybe its found me a weak spot just like a rad flushing agent does. Anybody wanna suggest a notorious leak spot. The 4 injector nuts are tight, and having been bleeding them theres too much diesel around to spot where the problem is coming from.
      not to sure on these pumps jim cos i havent tried it, but on a transit 2.5di engine and alot of other motors as well there is a self bleed valve on the pump, i have known these to leak before, wonder if its leaking there if it has one,when you operate the lift pump on top of the filter, it is best to pump it till you feel resistance, then turn on the ignition (this opens the solenoid in the pump and allows diesel through) then pump it again till you feel resistance, then its reached the injectors, if you dont turn the ignition on and keep pumping the diesel has nowhere to go, then it could find its own way out somewhere, perhaps this is what has happened, cant see it being the additive, it only burns like diesel
      Last edited by gemini; 20 September 2003, 21:07.
      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
      [size=5][/size]
      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

:d
        S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.fn02jwa
          :d
          Wow, some thread revival, but why?
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
            Wow, some thread revival, but why?

There are loads more in the 2.4 section too for some reason?
            -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Working...
            X