Arches extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arches extensions

Hi Guys, How difficult or easy is to fit the arches extensions? Please take in consideration that I’m not very good, does it worth to try it myself or better go to a garage? Also are they colour coded or they need to be painted?

Thanks a lot for the help on this one, one day I hope to get the hang of it and will get better!!!!!! so I will know how to treat my Surf properly.

THANKS
    John
    undefined

Originally posted by John Neto
    Hi Guys, How difficult or easy is to fit the arches extensions? Please take in consideration that I’m not very good, does it worth to try it myself or better go to a garage? Also are they colour coded or they need to be painted?

Thanks a lot for the help on this one, one day I hope to get the hang of it and will get better!!!!!! so I will know how to treat my Surf properly.

THANKS
    John
    undefined
    John.

Are you using the Toyota ones or aftermarket ones like Bushwacker. Toyota ones will need painting and only a small amount of skill on the spanners. You will need a pop rivet gun for the fronts though and possible have to cut a little bit off the wheelarch liners (not sure on that one though).

Aftermarket ones are generally color impregnated and should screw or rivet straight on and therfore will be easier, however they won't look as stock. Depends what look you are going for, Straight clean street machine or rough tuff off roader.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      John.

Are you using the Toyota ones or aftermarket ones like Bushwacker. Toyota ones will need painting and only a small amount of skill on the spanners. You will need a pop rivet gun for the fronts though and possible have to cut a little bit off the wheelarch liners (not sure on that one though).

Aftermarket ones are generally color impregnated and should screw or rivet straight on and therfore will be easier, however they won't look as stock. Depends what look you are going for, Straight clean street machine or rough tuff off roader.

Cheers
      Hi Andy, has you realize, I do not know much about it, just would like my Surf to look good, I am not planning to do much heavy off road, do you know if there’s much difference in prices and also where can I get them? I was looking at pictures and looks like the mud flaps have to be changed as well, true?

Thanks
      John

Comment

Hi Andy, has you realize, I do not know much about it, just would like my Surf to look good, I am not planning to do much heavy off road, do you know if there’s much difference in prices and also where can I get them? I was looking at pictures and looks like the mud flaps have to be changed as well, true?

Thanks
        John
        I think although I have never priced them up, that the Toyota arches will be far more expensive (you'll never guess what I paid for a simple armrest for the console). Toyota never knowingly undercharge you.

Yes on the Toyota ones I think the mudflaps are substantially different. With Bushwackers you can probably get away with the originals however I'm not sure.

Cheers

Comment

Big THANKS for the help Andy.
          John

Comment

Orry Andy, but from where can I get the Bushwackers???

Cheers
            John

Comment

Orry Andy, but from where can I get the Bushwackers???

Cheers
              John
              Try here:

http://www.offroadmdg.co.uk/html/toy...-a-fender.html

Cheers

Comment

THANKS

Comment

Andy
                  Do you know if these will fit a 3rd gen ?
                  B/W31913-11 96-up 4dr 4Runner (Set)
                  Cheers
                  Conker
                  [center] [/center]

Comment

Originally posted by Conker
                    Andy
                    Do you know if these will fit a 3rd gen ?
                    B/W31913-11 96-up 4dr 4Runner (Set)
                    Cheers
                    Conker
                    Thats what it says.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

just would like my Surf to look good,
                      do you have the smaller size tyre that came with some 2nd gens (215's) or the bigger size (265) ? The arch extensions wont do anything for the smaller tyres IMHO

Comment

Working...
                      X