Wide Or Narrow Body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wide Or Narrow Body

What Are The Differences Is It Just The Arches?
    ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Yep its just the arches
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

it depends now much of Jotto's BBQ's you eat at offroad days!

The amount wide body's in the club are growing.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks U 2
        ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Comment

Narrow body surf

Originally posted by marky
          Yep its just the arches
          Hi i have just bought a surf 3.0 1995 and the dealer mentioned that it was the narrow body but have been trawling the posts for several weeks for various things and found your post , mine looks identical to yours , wheel under neath , same alloys etc . You said that arches were the only difference but i remember when i looked at it i noticed a hand painted scratch on the arch but they still looked like yours do you think the dealer was talking out of his a*** , as because the spare was underneath i thought that this was the reason for the different body styles to be honest i have never seen one without arches. Thanks for any reply.

Comment

tO BE HONEST IVE NEVER NOTICED if a narrow bodied surf has a rear mounted spare
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

the wide body is to accomodate the wider wheels... um... or is the wider wheels to fill the wider arches? um....
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                the wide body is to accomodate the wider wheels... um... or is the wider wheels to fill the wider arches? um....
                Also I am pretty sure that apart from the US 4Runner there never was a 3.0 narrow body. All Surfs were wide body from I think 1992 onwards.

Cheers

Comment

Both wide and narrow body surfs come with both tyre mounting options (underslung and rear mounted)

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                    Also I am pretty sure that apart from the US 4Runner there never was a 3.0 narrow body. All Surfs were wide body from I think 1992 onwards.

Cheers
                    Andy, you can get UK 4Runners without the arches, seen plenty around.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                    X