Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Rear window with tailgate open

Hi all
    Im sure I have seen a post on how to open the rear window with the tailgate open, but I can seen to find it again! Can anyone help as I want to put some privacy film on the glass.
    Cheers
    Gary

Originally posted by clgha01
    Hi all
    Im sure I have seen a post on how to open the rear window with the tailgate open, but I can seen to find it again! Can anyone help as I want to put some privacy film on the glass.
    Cheers
    Gary
    Open the tailgate normally, then using a screwdriver you can trigger the latches on either side to put the tailgate into closed mode. You can then raise (close) the window enabling you to put the tint on.

****Warning****, do not raise the window with the tailgate open from inside the vehicle. Raise using the key on the tailgate as you must be there to support the glass. If the glass is not supported when the tailgate is down or open, it may well break. Make sure you have it properly supported before working upon it.

When applying tint this way, you can raise/extend the window a little beyond its normal range of travel, enabling you to extend the tint further down the glass, this helps to ensure good coverage and prevents the bottom edge of the tint catching on the lower rubber scraper seal.

When finished, lower/close window using key, open latches on tailgate using key in normal manner. Do not attempt to close/raise the tailgate without lowering window and opening the side latches.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Thanks for that, its just what I was looking for!!
      Gary

Comment

Working...
      X