Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircon Removal

Hi Folks,
    For those who have the 3.0 td surf and have done this "load-shedding" mod.
    Do you have to remove the front grill to remove the aircon rad. or will it slide out the top ?
    Is that "breakfast-bowl" of a fan in front part of the aircon. system and is it to be removed?
    Very happy with ditching all that c..p and it`s great to gain all that space.
    Half the one side of the head as well as the alternator is now exposed and looks like the exhaust manifold will get a direct hit of air-flow.
    My aircon from now on is my sunroof with that cool little tilt-vent!
    cheers,
    chris
    Powered by Toyota!

Originally posted by chrisinflight View Post
    Hi Folks,
    For those who have the 3.0 td surf and have done this "load-shedding" mod.
    Do you have to remove the front grill to remove the aircon rad. or will it slide out the top ?
    Is that "breakfast-bowl" of a fan in front part of the aircon. system and is it to be removed?
    Very happy with ditching all that c..p and it`s great to gain all that space.
    Half the one side of the head as well as the alternator is now exposed and looks like the exhaust manifold will get a direct hit of air-flow.
    My aircon from now on is my sunroof with that cool little tilt-vent!
    cheers,
    chris
    All done folks,
    Yes, I took the front grill and side-lights off. The round fan was removed too as it looked to be part of the system. There is loads of mud on the main rad behind where the aircon rad was. Easily accessible now with a jetwash.
    Highly recommended off-roading mod. The space freed-up around the main rad. and in the engine bay is quite substantial.
    cheers,
    chris