Unsder slung spare wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsder slung spare wheel

When i got the surf the spare wheel was on the carrier on the back but i decided to get another spare and mount it underneth, no problems there! managed to fing a spare wheel winch on fleebay for £15 delivered, not bad. so now that the snow has stopped ive fitted it, all bolts line up and went in a treat. fitted the spare to it and wound it up, got almost to the top and stopped, haad a look and it was trapping the windy handle between the chassis and the spare tyre, am i missing a spacer or have i got the wrong winch thinggy
    Roy
    When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

there's two arm type things the wheel winds up against, not sure if rear slung spare models would have them or not?
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Yeah, like nero said, you need the tyre locator strips. this will space the tyre of the crossmember a little.

I have some somewhere.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Any idea what they look like, for what they do they cant be hard to fabricate
        Roy

Comment

just had a look at the ones on my breaker - it's two of

________
          __/__\__

in a sort of flared c section

can send em to you for a couple of quid to cover the postage and a cup of tea

edit: ignore the dark blue lines i had to put em in to stop the forum removing spaces and screwing the high quality diagram
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post

________
            __/__\__

edit: ignore the dark blue lines i had to put em in to stop the forum removing spaces and screwing the high quality diagram

Sounds good to me, name your price and how you want it, if you'd parden the expression
            Roy

Comment

at a guess including postage will be about £3.50 but £5 max. i won't know for definate until i get them off in the morning and weigh them.

paypal to ian.shrubb@tesco.net or cheque is probably easiest but PM me your address and i'll get em in the post in the morning (as long as it's no more than £5) and sort out payment afterwards as i gotta go to the post office first thing anyway.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Nero279

you have PM
                Roy

Comment

back at ya
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post

________
                    __/__\__

Nero279, Items received on Thursday and have been sanded, primed, painted, laquered and fitted with high density foam pads to stom the wheel damaging the paint, got them fitted today in the rain but i had to get something done today, the spare now fits a dream, many thanks.

Roy
                    Last edited by roylittle0; 29 March 2008, 19:54.
                    Roy

Comment

Working...
                    X