blowing cold air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blowing cold air

noticed today that my heaters are only blowing cold air they were ok a couple of days ago any ideas what it could be was thinking mybe thermostat i have a spare was going to try it tommorrow
    thanks

Check the linkages on the heater matrix as one of them may of come out of its clip.Look down in the footwells under the heater controls and move the sliders etc to see if anything is disconnected
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

check the coolant level
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Ok ill check them tommorrow if not though could it be the thermostat or mybe even the (i hope not) head gasket, Just fitted a top mount intercooler and a transmission cooler dont think these would make any differance would they
        THANKS
        MICK

Comment

i wouldn't of thought they would of made a difference but like Nero says check the coolant levels and if it comes to it burp the system again and see if that helps.it may help to try another thermostat aswell if you got one at hand
          check all the coolant hoses aswell as you may have a leak on one of them or the rad
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Mine did that because of a blocked heater matrix i just took pipes off at bulkhead and blasted through with a hose pipe.
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

It was the thermostat that was to blame sorted now thanks for all your help fellas

Comment

Originally posted by mick19691 View Post
                It was the thermostat that was to blame sorted now thanks for all your help fellas
                That's odd, considering coolant flow for the heaters has nothing to do with thermostat operation as this operates on a bypass system.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                X