Think i have wind up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think i have wind up

After my last off road trip i have been getting strange rubbing/dragging noise from the rear when reversing , seems to get worse if i turn the wheel while reversing,
    I didnt realise that having different size wheels on the back would cause problems in 4wd.
    I have 265/75/16 muds on the rears .
    I borrowed 31/10.5/15 muds off my pick up as the rears on my surf were road tyres.
    Was off roading all day in 4wd.
    So i think the noise might be related to axle wind up!
    I took the drums off the rear and cleaned out some mud, there was alot so thought it might be that but nope! noise is still there.
    SO what id like to know is can i rectify axle wind up ?????
    Going off road again in two weeks , ill make sure i have all the same tyre size on
    Scottish mud club

i'd be tempted to jack all 4 wheels off the floor and put it on axle stands, then idle it in 4wd in gear fo a minute or two, i doubt that's the safe or proper, or recommended way of doing it, it might not even work....
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Errr, wouldn't just rolling in neutral get rid of any difference in tension on shafts / axles? I cant see how it would continue after you disengage 4WD anyway to be honest. I really dont think wind up is your problem.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
      X