Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing air-con

Hi Folks,
    I intend removing the air-con system components (except for the evaporator? under the dash). Is there a way to discharge the refrigerant diy enviro-friendly way or is the only option a garage/ AC business. If the latter how much do they charge? Is there anything I need to know regarding blocking off pipes and wiring plugs etc.
    Thanks,
    Chris
    Powered by Toyota!

I just un did mine, probably get a b0llocking for that but there wer'nt much left in there, no other special requirement as i remember, just take it all off, cut the drive belt off, plugs i just tied up out the way, and i did angle grind off the idler pully that get in the way of the timeing cover,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

its normally a case of .OH DEAR LOOK THAT PIPE NUT ON THE A/C LOOKS LOOSE.undo the nut with a spanner and stand well back AND OH LOOK IT WAS.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Just let the gas out, the only problem in doing that though is you may get a snotty reply to this thread. I'll still speak to you.

Comment

you could always get woodzie to come over and suck all the gas out.it wouldnt make any difference to him,hes always full of gas.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
            you could always get woodzie to come over and suck all the gas out.it wouldnt make any difference to him,hes always full of gas.

Wouldn't that create a paradox though?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Wouldn't that create a paradox though?
              good point vince.i dunno about a paradox.but it might make an awfull stench.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                good point vince.i dunno about a paradox.but it might make an awfull stench.

He may well start hovering too!

Comment

if your air con is healthy beware coz what comes out can be as low as -60 degress, keep fingers clear, i take it you have a system thats been upgraded from freon r12 gas
                  Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    He may well start hoovering too!
                    dunno why housework would help him vince ?

he could though qualify for a "freon fart"
                    (cant be any worse than the aroma he produced a'la poomobile lifting day,im still in therapy now)
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Thanks for the answer guys! I dont know whether it`s new or old but was working when I purchased, although not very well so probably not much in there. (P.S. I`m going to catch the stuff in a bag and take it down to the local recycling depot)! Oh, do you replace same bash-plate or is the plate just to protect the condensor rad?
                      cheers,
                      chris