mechanic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mechanic

Does Anyone Know A Good Diesel Mechanic/garage Where I Can Take My Surf To Have Diesel Knock Looked At,sounds Like A Bag Of Shaking Spanners When Cold Started,glow Plugs Etc All Ok.somewhere In South Wales Area Pleeeaaase

Suggestions

Originally posted by freeman
    Does Anyone Know A Good Diesel Mechanic/garage Where I Can Take My Surf To Have Diesel Knock Looked At,sounds Like A Bag Of Shaking Spanners When Cold Started,glow Plugs Etc All Ok.somewhere In South Wales Area Pleeeaaase
    Might I suggest something based on personal experience.

My Surf knocked like a good un. I gave it the Redex treatment, checked all of the hoses, replaced the air filter, changed the oil and oil filter, changed the fuel filter, and even swore at it a few times.

I checked the coolant level regularly and it was fine, it never moved a jot.

This may all sound great, but I then poured speedflush in. 3 days later my heater worked brilliantly, but the coolant level had dropped. I topped it up and took it for a drive. The engine was significantly quieter?

By the time I got home, I realised that the speedflush has cleared everything out and I had a water pump leak, the engine was also noisy again. I topped it back up, and the engine was quiet again?

I surmised that the loud diesel knock was due to the fact that the coolant was not reaching some parts of the engine, plus the heat sensors are mounted high up, so low coolant level means that the heat sensors never detect how warm the engine is, and adjust the ECU accordingly?

Mine is now in a garage having a new water pump, fuel injectors, cam belts and pressure tests. It might mean a big bill, but hopefully I have avoided a new head!

Cheers

Rob G

Comment

Working...
    X