Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gear box oil

that my surf booked in to get her new gear box and clutch

i was just was looking through my max ellerys work shop book and as far as i can see the amount of gear box oil that i req is 2.2 litres the gear box type is a g52 type and as as i have read but some one in the know confirm that 2.2 lts is the
    right amount many thanks peps
    S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

is it manual or auto?

thought the auto was closer to 4 litres of dexron II/III

edit: oops, new clutch should have given away that we are talking about a manual one, 'fraid i can't help then :sorry:
    Last edited by nero279; 11 February 2008, 22:25.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

thanks

thanks for the laugh do you think that they will replace the gear box oil in the the price the garage has given me is £200 quid to do the box and the clutch ?

Comment

Ask them.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
          Ask them.
          i would do but it is not a Toyota garage that is going the clutch and gear box swap as i had to go down to Hampshire to get the gear box and as THIS IS a surf form is there any harm is asking ask and u shawl learn that's y god gave us a brain for ?

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.fn02jwa View Post
            the gear box type is a g52 type
            What year is your Surf. R150 or R151 is what they usually have.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.fn02jwa View Post
              do you think that they will replace the gear box oil in the the price the garage has given me
              I was referring to this question, not how much fluid you need.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                I was referring to this question, not how much fluid you need.
                cool mat and it is a 151 mate which brand of gear box oil would you put in your gear box if it is a manule box that you have

Comment

I imported a Toyota R154 from Oz with a conversion kit for my Morgan (obviously 2wd but apart from the transfer box they are all pretty much the same). The Aussies rave about Penrite Oil and recommended that. Its all I used in that Toyota box with no probs at all. Same goes for your manual. They are really helpful and their UK agent is brilliant. The also do a very good Lim Slip Oil if you are running a LSD.

Comment

submit a thred ancer the ? all by my self

Originally posted by rodthrutheblock View Post
                    I imported a Toyota R154 from Oz with a conversion kit for my Morgan (obviously 2wd but apart from the transfer box they are all pretty much the same). The Aussies rave about Penrite Oil and recommended that. Its all I used in that Toyota box with no probs at all. Same goes for your manual. They are really helpful and their UK agent is brilliant. The also do a very good Lim Slip Oil if you are running a LSD.
                    thanks bud my surf has lsd as it is a ssrg so when the garage change the gear box i will ask them to change the diff oil at the same time the gear oil that i req is 75w-90 2.2 ltrs for the transfer box & 1.1 ltrs for the gear box so iwill get 5 ltrs so that i know that it has been changed as i should have 1.7 ltrs after the job is dun i had a good read throw then aus work shop book last night when i was parked last night at aberdeen

Comment

Working...
                    X