rear window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window

hi can anyone help. my rear window has started to act up it will go up 2 or 3
    times and then stops. the light on the dash stays on and the light in the back goes dim when i try shutting the door and also my rear wiper has stopped working is this a relay or something.

Hi Janet and Welcome to the forum.

Not sure i know all the answers but i'll help where i can.

It sounds like you need to clean and lubricate the rubber runners ont he rear glass as it may be sticking which is why it is difficult to get it to close properly.

As the dask light is staying on, I presume it is the "Back Door" one, this could mean the door is not locking correctly or the switch controlling the light has failed. This could also be the root cause of the rear wiper failure, as it is designed not to work with the window/tailgate open.

Not to clear on the light problem, do you mean the interior light fades but fails to go out when you start to raise the Glass or when you shut the tailgate. ?

Comment

back window.

Originally posted by AndrewC View Post
      Hi Janet and Welcome to the forum.
      the light goes dim when i try and close the rear door sometimes the light nearly goes out and the window will raise
      Not sure i know all the answers but i'll help where i can.

It sounds like you need to clean and lubricate the rubber runners ont he rear glass as it may be sticking which is why it is difficult to get it to close properly.

As the dask light is staying on, I presume it is the "Back Door" one, this could mean the door is not locking correctly or the switch controlling the light has failed. This could also be the root causQUOTE=AndrewC;408151e of the rear wiper failure, as it is designed not to work with the window/tailgate open.

Not to clear on the light problem, do you mean the interior light fades but fails to go out when you start to raise the Glass or when you shut the tailgate. ?
      the light goes dim when i try and close the door

Comment

Originally posted by janet turner View Post
        the light goes dim when i try and close the door
        Sounds like the switch isn't disconnecting correctly or a relay failing as you first suspected.

Comment

thanks a lot for your help im going to try some things out and il see
          what happens cheers.

Comment

Hi, do a search for rear window, and be amazed at all the threads it'll throw up, loads of info within the forum.
            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

hi i just wondered if you could crack this one for me ive spent ages stripping my back door lubricating runners etc.then i wondered if anything happened
              if i switched on the lights and for some reason my back window works with the sidelights on as soon as i put on the lights the back door light on the dash goes out the light in the back goes out and the window flies up and down bizzare.

Comment

Hmmmm, sounds like you may have a wiring fault, ie; someone has tampered with the wiring, or rewired the rear window to another power supply due to a previous fault.

You'll need to trace the wiring back and go from there, it is possible that the the loom that powered the window in the fist place suffered some damage and was bypassed.
                Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

cheers for that il get in touch with an auto electric man and see what happens cheers for now.

Comment

Working...
                  X