Feckin' Crank Pully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feckin' Crank Pully

Alright, since i put my crank pully back together and re assembled everything the bolt doesnt stay tight. It keeps loosening slightly and cuaing a bit of vibration at low revs. Do i need to get a new bolt or is there something i can do to stop it from loosening. Its really startin to pi$$ me off. Help me please, my truck sounds like an old banger when i'm stopped at traffic lights.
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Originally posted by Delboy
    Alright, since i put my crank pully back together and re assembled everything the bolt doesnt stay tight. It keeps loosening slightly and cuaing a bit of vibration at low revs. Do i need to get a new bolt or is there something i can do to stop it from loosening. Its really startin to pi$$ me off. Help me please, my truck sounds like an old banger when i'm stopped at traffic lights.
    if its coming loose it isnt done up tight enough
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Delboy
      You could try a drop of 'Loctite thread lock' on it . This dries on threads when tightened but still lets you remove bolt when required later on .

Rick
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
        Delboy
        You could try a drop of 'Loctite thread lock' on it . This dries on threads when tightened but still lets you remove bolt when required later on .

Rick
        It needs 101-123ft/lbs
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          It needs 101-123ft/lbs
          Thanks, thats where i went wrong, i only tightened it to 100 ft/lbs
          Derek :
          1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
          [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Thanks, thats where i went wrong, i only tightened it to 100 ft/lbs
            Don't forget the nut lock glue - it really will make all the difference.

Cheers

Comment

Cheers Andy, i will as soon as it stops raining.
              Derek :
              1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                Don't forget the nut lock glue - it really will make all the difference.

Cheers
                Fighting the urge to reply.................

unnnhhh.............

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Right, tightened it to 140 newtons which is about 120lbs so if it doesnt stay tight now, i'm gonna weld the b£$!£^d.
                  Derek :
                  1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Working...
                  X