Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets start mixing

Good evening

Right just visited my local wholesalers for veg oil this evening and i have noticed it has gone up in price almost 3 quid for 20 liters now i am thinking can my surf run on anything else eg parrafin terps or even heating oil or even a mix of them all to get a result Red diesel although tempting i will have to draw the line at though

Chris

At least wiv Veg oil ya legal up to 2500 litres per year...
    Using red diesel n ya Motor will be Confiscated !!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it Comin !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by christopoher murphy View Post
      Good evening

Right just visited my local wholesalers for veg oil this evening and i have noticed it has gone up in price almost 3 quid for 20 liters now i am thinking can my surf run on anything else eg parrafin terps or even heating oil or even a mix of them all to get a result Red diesel although tempting i will have to draw the line at though

Chris
      Paraffin is a no no, it's dye'ed blue (or pink) to signify its not a road fuel, it also freezes easier than diesel.

Turps is not a waxy as diesel so I would imagine it would be as good for your engine as petrol would.

Heating fuel is normally red derv under a different name.

& red derv is a definate no no

Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

when i first started using veg oil it was £1.24p for three litres now its £2.21 gone up nearly £1 in a year its almost not worth it anymore unless your buying alot i think they know what its getting used for and theyre cashing in on it thats rip off britain for you
        mick

Comment

Originally posted by mick19691 View Post
          when i first started using veg oil it was £1.24p for three litres now its £2.21 gone up nearly £1 in a year its almost not worth it anymore unless your buying alot i think they know what its getting used for and theyre cashing in on it thats rip off britain for you
          mick
          Tell me about it i used to nip into Tescos/Asda on a Saturday morning and used to buy it for that price i was over the moon when it had a managers special Britain is just getting worse actually depessing funny that you can go to Saudi and Dubai and the diesel is cheaper than water and most of them run 4x4s V8 american jobs

Comment

Cant even buy rapeseed now either for me fryer either ###### goverment

Comment

Originally posted by mick19691 View Post
              .... its almost not worth it anymore unless your buying alot .....

I was messing about with the numbers of using veg earlier and you're not wrong at a 12l veg / 18l diesel it only worked out £4 cheaper than pure diesel, in these quantities
              Toot! Toot!

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                I was messing about with the numbers of using veg earlier and you're not wrong at a 12l veg / 18l diesel it only worked out £4 cheaper than pure diesel, in these quantities
                Averaged out over a year, I'd save around £416 if I use 20L of KTC @ £12.99 per week. That would pay my tax and insurance with a few beer tokens left over.
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Im paying about £13.20 for 20 ltrs of cooking oil, this has gone up from £9.50 last year, but still cheaper than Diesel.
                  -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Question

Last year when some of us were lucky enough to pay the lower duty on BIO DIESEL, a lot of members, if i remember had problems with the revenue and using just new veg oil from the store. They said it was not allowed. My question out of curiosity is, is new veg oil from the store now legal or should it be for only transesterified oil, as before.
                    Thanks Philip
                    Still Searching,
                    Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
                      Last year when some of us were lucky enough to pay the lower duty on BIO DIESEL, a lot of members, if i remember had problems with the revenue and using just new veg oil from the store. They said it was not allowed. My question out of curiosity is, is new veg oil from the store now legal or should it be for only transesterified oil, as before.
                      Thanks Philip

New is fine.

The price increase has more to do with the ruined crops all over the world due to weather. Corn crops have been hit the hardest it would seem.
                      I think we will see veg price drop again in the future so keep the faith lads keep the faith
                      Brian

Comment

When i got my letter telling me i no longer needed to be registered it said that any veg oil is fine up to the 2500ltrs a year. Have you guys also heard the green police going on about how us 4x4 drivers that use veg are ruining the environment but buying the stuff which means land that was used for other food stuff was used for veg so causing shortages. Also that more forests are being cut down to grow veg too! Whats wrong with using the fields in England that are left empty?!?!? I remember when i was a kid seeing loads of fields full of crops round here, now they are either unused or sold for housing!!!

Some people are not happy unless they are blaming others for something. I say its all Browns fault , just look at him that enough reason not to trust him!
                        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

I am pretty sure the new rules say you psy no duty on the 1st 2500l you use but you have to pay the lower rate over 2500.

I am fairly sure you have to keep records though... till reciepts will do... just not all of them!
                          Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

I bought 15 1ltr bottles from bookers cash and carry this week.

£8.67 thats 55p a litre

The bigger tubs, 20 litres were £15

Comment

Originally posted by joe112 View Post
                              I am pretty sure the new rules say you psy no duty on the 1st 2500l you use but you have to pay the lower rate over 2500.

I am fairly sure you have to keep records though... till reciepts will do...
                              If you are keeping till receipts you are advised to photocopy them, some are printed on paper that goes brown over time, add fading of the printing and your till receipt has NO chance of lasting 6 years
                              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                              X