help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

well guys i need some pointers, been to try and help Caney with his surf(2.4)
    his truck has a Stevo head thats just been fitted, since then it has developed a STRANGE NOISE hard to describe but here goes, blowing, ticking.It happens only when the vehicle is under load/hard acceleration its coming from the back of the dash or back of the engine or engine bay even, it sounds like the ehaust is blowing but i have blocked the tail pipe and no leaks are heard anywhere around the engine, could the manifold gasket blow under pressure and seal when not? cannt see anything behind the dash that can make a noise like this, some grommets are missing in the bulk head so sound can travel and sound different.
    could it be anything in the head, valve gear? can that become noisy under load.
    the noise can not be made when you rev the engine, it only happens when you drive it up a hill or accelerate,
    Caney if you can add to this thread as its difficult to describe
    cheers in advance
    john
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

That really does sound like manifould gasket mate, is it possible nuts have worked loose after head being done and need tightened again?
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

bump

anymore ideas so i can go round to Caney with a better chance of sorting out his woes,

BTW to a quick look at his manifold, any tips on how to get to all the bolts/nuts
      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Mine makes a blowing type noise when accelarating, it used to bother me but I couldn't find anything wrong so now I just ignore it.

Now I have more time to listen to all the other noises that do worry me!
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
        X